The only way to explain Scritch is to say that it’s anything, as long as it’s leftovers!
Scritch started as a thing in our house when I started playing with whatever was left in the fridge, and I’d often come up with random dishes that became very popular, but I could almost never recreate them!
This one is made up from a range of dishes from the past couple of days. Chicken from the Christmas Eve barbecue, garlic broccoli with almond flakes from Christmas day and a few bits besides! The point of Scritch is that it’s whatever you want it to be – just give it some extra flavour with herbs and spices and the whole family will love it.
Made in 15 minutes. Serves 4
- 20ml Olivado Avocado Oil with Lime
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (optional – leave out if you’ve already got garlic in leftovers)
- 6 chicken drumsticks, cooked, meat removed
- 1 cup leftover broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 2 roast potatoes, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 tablespoon dried shrimp* or fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 large wraps (I used Farrah’s Fire Roasted Pepper wrap)
- 1 egg
Heat oven to 100°C. Warm wraps in the oven for no more than 10 mins.
Cut all ingredients to roughly the same shape so they cook evenly.
In a large frying pan, heat half the oil. Saute onions, and garlic if using, until translucent and caramelised. Add chicken, broccoli and roast potatoes and fry, turning often.
Add dried shrimp or fish sauce, turmeric, mixed herbs and chilli flakes, if using. Cook through.
Remove wraps from oven and put on plates. Divide mixture evenly between wraps, ensuring you leave room at the sides to wrap.
In a separate pan, heat the remainder of your oil and fry your egg, turning once. Remove from heat quickly to ensure yolk stays runny.
Place egg on top of chicken mix, sprinkle with salt and pepper (and more chilli flakes or sriracha sauce if desired), finish with a drizzle of avocado oil with lime and serve immediately.
* Available from the international section of your supermarket or any Asian supermarket.